Go behind the scenes with the Gator Team in an all access exclusive adventure at Gator Beach, where you’ll help a professionally trained Gator Handler open the park for the day. Among other things, you’ll learn how the amazing American Alligators who call this park their home are cared for every single day, and you’ll do it up close, but safely.
Packed with some amazing information that you will learn about these reptiles, you will actually be a part of the Gator Team and get a hands-on experience helping perform some of the most vital and important responsibilities at Gator Beach.
As the World’s Greatest Alligator Park, there is everything from a baby alligator exhibit to a real life alligator habitat with over 100 juvenile and young adult alligators. And best of all, Gator Beach is home to one of the rarest animals in the world, Pearl – the Amazing Albino Alligator (of which there are less than fifty in existence).
→ Experience a private, “behind the scenes” view of Gator Beach with a professional Gator Handler
→ Learn how to work safely around live alligators
→ Get a photo holding a young alligator
→ Feed juvenile and young adult alligators, up close in their habitat
→ Receive a personalized Gator Team name tag and help open the park
By helping open the park, you will come away with an experience like nowhere else and it is guaranteed to not “cost you an arm or a leg”. In fact, you will not only be safe and gain a greater understanding of the amazing alligator, but you will also be paid for your help!
In return for helping “open the park”, each Gator Team Member will receive a voucher that can be applied to a meal upstairs at Fudpucker’s Beachside Bar & Grill – and trust us you will have earned it! Entertaining, informational, and unforgettable, you will be done by lunch, so you can spend the rest of the day telling your friends and family about this amazing experience!
Please bring with you proof of purchase by either showing the e-voucher from your mobile device or printed out. A Gator Handler will meet you underneath the World Record Alligator sign at the entrance to Fudpucker’s in Destin.
Departure Details Gator Experience is open year round during different times of day. Please click the “Check Availability” button to see available dates and times for the Gator Experience.
Duration: 1.5-2 Hrs.
Parking Public parking is available at Fudpucker’s located at 20001 Emerald Coast Pkwy, Destin, FL 32541.
● Customized Gator Team name tag
● A $5 voucher for food and/or beverage at Fudpucker’s in Destin
● Gator Team Certificate and Gator Experience VIP badge upon completion
● Souvenir photo with gator
● Sales Tax
● Gratuities for dining (18-20% customary)
● Children must be 7 or older to participate with parental consent.
● No animals allowed, including service animals
● It is imperative you arrive on time for your experience. Once the group has entered the park there is no way for you to join. Reschedules will be at the discretion of Gator Beach for late arrivals.
● Alligators will be handled with the supervision of a trained Gator Handler only.
● Entry to Gator Beach is always complimentary. However, with this package you get to experience behind the scenes activities that most guests never get to see.
Children 7 and up can participate either with or without their parent(s). If their parent chooses not to purchase a ticket they will not be able to view the activity as the park and restaurant aren’t yet open for customers.
● Experience will last approximately 1.5-2 hours depending on participation and the activity for that day.
● If there is light rain, the experience may still operate, but if there is heavy rain or other unfavorable weather the experience may be called off. This decision is always made by the vendor and they will contact you if your experience will be called off for this reason.
● For those with food allergies, there are a number of gluten free salads and cooked meats to meet dietary needs. Please inform the wait staff upon ordering.
Cancellation Policy Customers may cancel at least 48 hours prior to their arrival date to receive a full refund minus a $5 service fee. Customers that cancel after the 48 hour period will not be eligible for a refund. If weather is unfavorable and the vendor calls off the experience, customers will be rescheduled for a later time/date or a full refund will be issued. No-shows will not be refunded.
It is imperative you arrive on time for your experience, once the group has entered the park there is no way for you to join. Reschedules will be at the discretion of the vendor for late arrivals.
Customer may make changes to the reservation without any fees as long as it’s outside the 48 hour cancellation period.