About Gator Beach
“The World’s Greatest Alligator Park”
Gator Beach is a one of a kind alligator park located at Fudpuckers in the heart of Destin. We are one of the top-rated attractions in the area because we offer unique experiences that you won’t find anywhere else. If you’re looking for adventure while in Destin, Gator Beach Alligator Park is a must-see stop. Here are a few reasons why we call ourselves The World’s Greatest Alligator Park:
- We are COMPLETELY FREE to visit: At Gator Beach, we don’t charge you an arm and a leg to get in the door. There is no admission cost to enter our alligator park and you are free to walk around, ask questions, and even watch our Alligator Shows with absolutely no charge.
- We have hundreds of Alligators: Gator Beach is also the largest alligator park on the Emerald Coast! We offer the chance to get up close and personal with hundreds of alligators in a way that is much safer and easier than trying to spot alligators in the wild. Whether you’re visiting Florida for the first time and always wanted to see an alligator, or you just love learning about animals, we offer the experience to get closer and see more alligators than anywhere else in the area.
- You can feed live alligators: We sell specially formulated Gator Food that you can feed to any one of our over 100 alligators that live in our large main pond area. Simply attach the food to one of our cane poles and lower the string down to the pond and the alligators will swim up and eat the food in a way that is safe to both you and the alligator!
- You can take a picture holding a live alligator: Maybe you’re the adventurous type, an animal lover, or just looking for something to cross off your bucket-list, holding an alligator is a true once-in-a-lifetime experience for you and your entire family! All you have to do is come down to Gator Beach and ask about our Gator Photos and you can buy your very own picture holding a live alligator.
- We have FREE Gator Shows: During our show season, we do multiple shows and tours every day where our world-class Gator Handlers show and tell the crowd what makes the American Alligator one of nature’s most impressive animals. The shows are designed to entertain and educate our guests about alligators and – if you’re lucky – we may choose you to help us with the show.
- We have an extremely rare Albino Alligator: Pearl is the most famous and beloved resident of Gator Beach. She is a true albino alligator which means that every inch of her body is completely white – even her eyes! Due to their distinct coloring, albino alligators cannot survive in the wild and must be taken care of by humans. Because of this, Pearl is one of fewer than 50 albino alligators in the entire world which is why she has her very own special exhibit at Gator Beach.
- We have baby alligators: Everyone loves baby animals and here at Gator Beach we have a specially designed habitat for our smallest and youngest alligators! Every year we receive our hatchling gators when they’re just a few weeks old and only as long as a dollar bill. Our exhibit helps showcase what makes baby alligators different than older gators, most noticeably their color and how much more active they are. The best part is that you would NEVER be able to get this close to baby alligators in the wild because their mothers are very protective.
- We have a Wildlife Museum area: Next to our Bait Shack we have a museum area that houses all sorts of exhibits and displays teaching about Florida Wildlife from alligators, to snakes, to prehistoric crocodiles that used to live right here in Florida!
And most importantly…
- We have a well-trained staff here to help you: Often times at zoos and other parks, guests are left to read signs with facts about animals with nobody around to answer questions. Here at Gator Beach, our handlers are both knowledgeable and hands-on to tell you everything you wanted to know about alligators. Our world-renowned Gator Handlers are at the park every day during our business hours to teach you about alligators and make your experience at Gator Beach one of a kind.
So if you’re in the area… stop on by, join the fun, and see for yourself what makes us The World’s Greatest Alligator Park!